July 27, 2010

A warm carrot dip for a cool crisp apple


This yummy dip is courtesy of messycook.blogspot.com.  I am always looking for fast lunch or snack ideas, especially no cooking during this heat!!  This recipe is good, Eyla was not a fan, I think that next time I make it I will not add as much allspice.  I really liked it with apples though, I thought it was a nice mix.

1/2 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 bunch carrots, peeled and roughly chopped (~2 cups)
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup tahini
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp each cinnamon, ground ginger, paprika and turmeric
1/4 tsp allspice
Pinch cayenne pepper

In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add salt, carrots and garlic cloves. Cook, covered, until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.

In a mixing bowl, stir together remaining ingredients until blended; add hot carrots. Using a potato masher or a fork, gently mash until smooth.

I really enjoy this dip warm.  I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment