January 23, 2011

Gluten Free Chickpea Chapatis


I honestly cannot remember where I got the recipe for these gluten free indian flat breads.  The one thing I know for sure is that they are VERY quick to make and so tasty!  A girlfriend of mine, dropped in for a wonderful visit this weekend at lunch time and I thought I would make them to accompany an already made soup I threw on the stove.  A wonderful homemade meal in minutes.

Gluten Free Chickpea Chapatis

1 cup chickpea flour
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon light vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
Canola oil (for frying pan)
Salt for Seasoning

Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Roll into 1" balls and pat flat. 
With a rolling pin, roll flattened dough balls into thin rounds. 
Heat a lightly oiled frying pan (cast iron recommended) until very hot. Reduce heat to medium high and heat each round for 1-2 minutes on each side, until warmed and slightly browned.  Immediately sprinkle with small amount of salt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment