January 2, 2011

Creamy Cauliflower Soup


This soup was inspired by a Whole Foods Recipe for making mashed potatoes out of cauliflower.  Actually it was an accident as I added too much liquid and well we got soup!  Thats what happens when you never follow recipes, yes I admit.  Well I should not say never, when I am baking I will, for the most part. 
So I will give you this recipe, but use your creative intuition, and if you like add some different spices, or what every you like and see what you accidently come up with!!

1 head of cauliflower, or about 6 cups of frozen cauliflower
2 tbsp of flax oil
1 tsp of garlic (powder, or crushed)
salt to taste

Place cauliflower in pot with water and cook until tender.  Add cauliflower, oil and seasoning to blender with 2 cups of cooking water.  Blend until smooth.  Serve and top with parsley if you wish.

We are fortunate enough to have a Vitamix 5200 blender, it has such a high powered motor that it makes everything amazingly smooth.  If you do not have one, that is ok.  Just use what you have and blend until it is a nice consistency.

I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment