January 12, 2011

Oatmeal Pancakes with Triple Berry Topping


I created these pancakes because I wanted to make some with completely whole ingredients.  After a few tries, these are very tasty and Eyla loves them, but I think she loves the topping more! 

Oatmeal Pancakes
1 1/2 cups oats
2 cups water
3 heaping tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp canola oil
3 tbsp apple sauce
1/2 tsp salt

Place all ingredients in blender until well blended.  Cook as you would regular pancakes, on a frying pan, wait until bubbles form and burst then flip.  Then place on a rack in the oven to keep warm while you are making the rest of the batch. 

For the topping I just placed frozen berries (blue berries, raspberries and black berries) in a sauce pan with a couple tbsp of water and brought to a boil. 

I hope enjoy your oatmeal in pancakes this Sunday morning!!

Pancakes on FoodistaPancakes

1 comment:

  1. I love pancakes,cant wait to try your recipe.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this pancake widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes for pancakes,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete