June 9, 2010

Blueberry Flax Pancakes

Well my husband said these are the best I have made yet as far as pancakes go. I made them on mother’s day, yes me. Bry said he would make them for me except I never have a recipe written down for pancakes, it is always in my head. So this is it, and Eyla loved them. You could top them with what ever you like but Eyla and I just ate them plain, Bry put maple syrup on his. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did, something wonderful about pancakes on a weekend morning.

1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
2 tbsp sunflower oil
2 cups water
1 cup of blueberries

Wisk dry ingredients together. Then wisk wet ingedients in another and then mix the two together thoroughly. Adjust thickness by adding more water as you meed it, if you like them thinner. Spoon onto hot griddle and wait for holes in the batter to form, then flip. I found these take longer than regular wheat pancakes.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment