June 28, 2010

How I love the summer bounty

This past week I was able to pick from my garden!  I thinned out the kale, collards, romaine, red leaf and butter crunch lettuce.  It was all so good. 
With the baby lettuce we had a salad... with just lettuce, we did not want anything else with it!  For the dressing, I don't have a recipe for you as I never measure, but it consists of:
olive oil
red wine vinegar
maple syrup
dijon mustard
salt
pepper
chives


For the kale.... Well we decided earlier that day we would have grilled halibut so I sauted it in a little olive oil with ginger and garlic and a large cooking onion (sliced very thinly)

Then I wondered how I could get Eyla to eat the greens.... and fruit came to mind, so I threw some frozen mango chunks in a pot and a touch of water.  I cooked them until they fell apart easily.  Once they were done cooking I added some chopped fresh cilantro.
Then I wrapped the greens, mango and fish up in a rice paper wrap.  Really tastey and I loved the novelty of the wrap that she didn't care what she was eating!
Be inspired by natures bounty and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment