June 9, 2010

Cookies or Crackers


Ooh I am so excited about how these turned out. I know that Eyla really like them because I gave them to her and sat her in her high chair and she sat quietly and ate them for 10 minutes all by her self while I made more!!!! (If you know Eyla this is unheard of!!) It is important for me to get more fat into Eyla’s diet, so I have been using seeds as she doesn’t too many other healthy fats other than avocado and salmon (which is excellent ). So again these were also an experiment but are awsome. I bought little cookie cutters at the Bulk Barn so next time I make them we will have fun shapes!

I cup rice flour

1/2 cup flax seed

1/2 cup sunflower seeds

1 banana

1 cup mixed berries

1 tbsp sunflower oil

1 cup water

pinch salt

Grind the seeds in a food processor then add the remaining dry ingredients while in the food processor. Then add the berries, banana, water and oil and process until batter is well blended. It is a very sticky batter… reminded me a little of silly putty!! Then let the batter rest in the fridge for a bout an hour (i discovered this made it easier to work with, as I had to put Eyla down for a nap and slept with her!!!)

Oil a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 350. Spoon out the batter and roll into tiny balls and flatten so that all the crackers are equal thickness. Bake for 10 minutes then flip, and then bake for 10 minutes more.

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment